- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste or 2 flat anchovy fillets
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- A couple pinches of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound peeled, deveined, tail-off medium shrimp, chopped or mixed seafood such as scallop, calamari and shrimp, chopped
- A splash of white wine
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- A small handful of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 8 thin, oval-shaped slices of crusty bread, such as from a baguette
Heat the EVOO, a couple of turns of the pan, in a skillet over medium heat. Melt the anchovies into the EVOO, then stir in the garlic and red pepper flakes, add the shrimp or seafood and cook until just firm. Add a splash of wine and flip the pan around, then add the lemon juice and stir. Add the butter and toss to melt, then toss in the parsley.
Spoon the scampi onto toasts and serve immediately.