- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 peaches, pitted and thickly sliced or halved
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 2-inch piece of fresh ginger root, grated or minced
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2/3 cup peach preserves
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, such as Frank's Red Hot brand
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Heat a medium size skillet with the butter over medium heat. Add the peaches and the juice of 1/2 lemon and cook until tender and lightly golden, 10 minutes. Turn off the heat.
While the peaches cook, heat 1 tablespoon EVOO, a turn of the pan, in a large skillet over medium-high to high heat. Cut the chicken breasts in half across the center of each breast to make four equal portions. Add the chicken breasts and thighs to the pan and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 12 minutes, then remove to a plate and cover with foil.
Drizzle the pan with the remaining EVOO, half a turn of the pan. Add the chopped shallot and the ginger and cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the stock, preserves, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce and season with black pepper, to taste. Cook over medium heat for a couple of minutes to thicken. Arrange the chicken and peaches on a platter and douse with peach sauce. Serve one piece of light meat and one thigh per person.