- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, sliced 1 inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- 2 lemons, 1 juiced and 1 cut into wedges
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- 1 large clove garlic, grated or finely chopped and mashed with a little salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved, or 4 plum tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 4 ribs celery with leafy tops, sliced 1 inch thick on an angle
- 1 small red onion, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup caperberries, halved, or 1/4 cup drained capers
- A generous handful of brine- or oil-cured black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 small hot red chile, seeded and finely chopped
- Two cans Italian tuna (6 ounces each), drained
- 1 loaf ciabatta, torn into pieces
In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, salt the water and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Rinse under cold water, then drain well.
In a large bowl, whisk the lemon juice, the anchovy paste, if using, and the garlic paste. Whisk in the EVOO until thickened. Add the cooled potatoes, the tomatoes, celery, onion, parsley, caperberries, olives and chile; season with pepper and toss to combine.
Add the tuna to the salad and toss gently to flake it. Squeeze the lemon wedges over the salad. Serve with the bread.