- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Boiling water
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, such as Frank's RedHot brand
- 1 cup drained giardiniera (pickled vegetables)
- 1/2 cup Sicilian green olives or Spanish pimento-stuffed olives
- A generous handful of flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Four grouper, wahoo or mahi-mahi fillets (6-8 ounces each)
- Old Bay seasoning
- 4 Kaiser rolls, split
- Bibb or butter lettuce leaves
Pre-heat an outdoor grilll or griddle pan to medium-high heat.
In a small bowl, cover the sundried tomatoes with boiling water and let stand for 10 minutes.
In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the garlic; season with the thyme and stir in the hot sauce.
Using a food processor, pulse the sundried tomatoes, giardiniera, olives and parsley into a fine relish. Transfer the relish to a bowl and stir in the EVOO.
Brush the fish on both sides with the garlic butter and sprinkle with Old Bay and a little pepper. Place on the grill or griddle and cook, basting with more garlic butter, for 3 minutes on each side.
Toast the rolls on the grill or under a hot broiler. Slather the rolls with the olive relish and pile on the fish and lettuce.