- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream (eyeball it)
- 2 pinches of cinnamon
- A dash of vanilla or almond extract (optional)
- A dash of freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- 8 slices brioche bread
- 1 pint fresh berries, such as strawberries, blueberries, blackberries or raspberries
- A splash of Grand Marnier
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Whipped cream, for topping
- Confectioner's sugar, for topping
Pre-heat the oven to 375ºF.
Baste the inside of each cup of a 6-cup muffin tin with the melted butter and set aside.
In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, cinnamon, vanilla or almond extract and nutmeg, if using.
Cut a slit in the corner of each slice of bread from the middle of the slice to the edge.
Dip each slice of bread in the egg mixture, then lightly press it into a cup of the muffin tin, overlapping the pieces where you cut the slit to make it fit into the cup without tearing. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until light golden brown.
While the cups are baking, in a large bowl, gently toss the berries and Grand Marnier together and set aside. Place a small saucepan over medium heat with the maple syrup and cinnamon stick. Heat until warm, then turn the heat down to low until ready to serve.
Allow the cups to cool slightly in the muffin tin before removing them. To serve, arrange the cups on a platter and fill each one with some berries. Drizzle with some cinnamon maple syrup and top with a little powdered sugar and whipped cream.