- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 chicken cutlets, pounded thin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup store-bought ranch dressing
- A couple drops of hot sauce, to taste
- 6 slices white bread, such as Pepperidge Farm brand, toasted
- 1 head bibb lettuce
- 1 vine-ripe tomato, sliced
- toothpicks (to secure sandwiches)
Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
Assemble bacon slices on a broiler pan. Cook until crispy, about 10 minutes. While the bacon is crisping up, heat EVOO in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper, and cook 2-3 minutes on both sides until golden brown. There should be no pink in the middle.
In a small mixing bowl, combine 1/4 cup of ranch dressing with a couple drops of hot sauce, depending how spicy you like it. To assemble your BLT, place a chicken cutlet on a piece of toasted white bread. Spread about a tablespoon of the dressing over the cutlet.
Top that with another piece of toast and another cutlet topped with dressing. Add a lettuce leaf, a slice of tomato and two slices of bacon. Add one final piece of toasted bread. Use four toothpicks to secure the sandwich in all four corners. Cut into four equal triangles. Repeat to make another sandwich.