- 1-1 1/4 pounds fresh tuna, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Tamari (dark soy sauce)
- 3 garlic cloves, grated or finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup vegetable, peanut, safflower or canola oil
- 8 dinner rolls or brioche rolls
- 1/2 head Bibb lettuce (about 4-5 leaves)
- 1/4 cup pickled ginger
- 1/2 cup store-bought wasabi mustard or Asian sweet-hot mustard or combine 1/2 cup yellow mustard, 2 tablespoons honey and 1 teaspoon wasabi paste in a small bowl
- Terra chips or other fancy root vegetable chips
Add the tuna to a food processor and pulse to grind. Put the tuna in bowl and stir in the chives, Tamari, garlic and black pepper, to taste. Add the panko breadcrumbs and sesame seeds to a shallow dish. Form the tuna mixture into eight small patties and roll in the breadcrumbs.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the vegetable oil. Put the burgers in the pan and cook until lightly golden brown on the outside and pink in the middle, about 2 minutes per side.
Place the burgers on the bun bottoms. Top with lettuce and pickled ginger, then slather the bun tops with wasabi mustard. Cover with the bun tops and serve with fancy root vegetable chips.