- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- Salt and pepper
6 cups total:
- Baby potatoes, chopped
- Baby carrots, chopped
- Celery, chopped
- Onions, chopped
- Mild peppers, seeded and chopped
- Zucchini, chopped
- Medium eggplant, chopped
- 4 ears corn on the cob, husked, kernels removed
- 2 pints baby heirloom tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 3 1/2-4 cups of your favorite herbs (such as lemon thyme, tarragon, chives, basil, parsley, dill, etc.), loosely packed
Heat a heavy-bottomed soup pot with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons EVOO. To the hot EVOO, add the veggies and corn and season liberally with salt and pepper. Sauté until tender, 8-10 minutes.
Add the tomatoes to the pot and cover with the tight-fitting lid. Cook for 8-10 minutes more, until the tomatoes burst. Add the stock, reserving a splash, then replace the lid and bring up to a bubble.
Fill a food processor with the herbs and pulse to chop. Add a splash of stock and stream in the remaining 4 tablespoons EVOO with the machine running to form a green sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
Season the soup with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve in bowls topped with a heaping spoonful of herb sauce to stir in.