- 2 large cloves garlic, grated into a paste or minced
- About 1/2 cup loosely packed herbs: oregano, thyme, rosemary, sage and flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- About 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 pound lean ground sirloin
- 1/2 pound Spanish chorizo, casing removed and ground in a food processor
- Salt and pepper
- Ripe plum tomatoes, diced and seeded, for garnish
- Raw onion, finely chopped, for garnish
- 8 brioche dinner rolls or 8 slider rolls, such as Pepperidge Farm brand, split
Heat a griddle pan, large skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat.
Combine the garlic and herbs in small bowl and cover with vinegar and oil. Stir to combine.
Place the meats in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and combine well with your hands. Form eight small, 3-ounce patties that are thinner at center and thicker at edges for even cooking.
Grill the meat for 3 minutes on the first side and 2 minutes on the second side for medium doneness. Serve on slider rolls topped with lots of chimichurri, diced tomatoes and onions.