- 10 small plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 small Spanish onion, cut into small dice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 slices prosciutto, chopped
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF.
Slice the tomatoes in half across the middle, making two tomato cups per tomato. Scoop out the tomato guts and discard.
Place a small skillet over medium-high heat with two turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Sauté the onion and garlic until soft, 3-5 minutes Transfer to a medium size mixing bowl and let cool.
Add the mozzarella, prosciutto, breadcrumbs, basil and parsley to the bowl, then season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Divide the mixture among the tomato cups. Transfer the tomatoes to a baking sheet, then transfer to the oven and bake until the tops are golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.