- 1 1/2 pounds small Yukon Gold potatoes, halved
- A pinch of saffron
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2-3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 red chili pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch thin scallions, chopped or sliced on an angle
- 1 teaspoon each mustard seeds, cumin and coriander
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium heat. Add the potatoes and cook until tender, 12-15 minutes.
Meanwhile, add the saffron and turmeric to a small pot with the chicken stock and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat and simmer to reduce the stock by half, about 10 minutes.
Put the peas in a bowl with the chili pepper and the scallions and allow the peas to defrost.
While the stock reduces, toast the seeds, over medium-low heat, in a small skillet until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
Drain the potatoes well and add them to the bowl with the peas. Pour in the stock while the potatoes are hot. Sprinkle with the seeds and dress with the lemon juice and EVOO, three turns of the bowl. Toss to combine, season with salt, to taste, and serve.