- 3 ears corn, shucked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for brushing the corn
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 cups red or green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 30 mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- Flour or corn tortillas (optional)
Heat a grill over high heat for several minutes until very hot. Brush the corn with olive oil and season generously with salt. Place the corn on the grill and cook for 10 minutes, rotating occasionally with tongs and basting with more oil. When the kernels are tender and slightly charred on all sides, remove the corn from the heat and let cool to room temperature. Cut the kernels from the cobs.
In a large bowl, coarsely mash the eggs and avocado into bite-size pieces. Add the corn, cabbage, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro and mint. Pour the lime juice and olive oil over the top, then season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Gently toss the ingredients together until just mixed. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. Store in the refrigerator, covered, for 2-4 hours before serving.
To serve, place a couple of heaping spoonfuls of salad in a tortilla. Fold the tortilla closed at one end; roll to seal on three sides.
The salad will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.