- 18 small white potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grill seasoning or lots of salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked sweet paprika (about 2/3 palmful)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, grated or crushed into a paste
- 3 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
Pre-heat the oven to 450°F.
Put the potatoes in a large pot over medium heat and cover with water. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Add salt, to taste, to the water and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and put the hot potatoes, while hot, in a bowl. Add the EVOO, grill seasoning and the paprika and toss to coat evenly.
Arrange the potatoes on a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet, so the heat can go all around the wedges. Roast until crisp, about 15-18 minutes.
Remove the potatoes from the oven to a platter. In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, garlic, chives and hot sauce. Serve the potatoes hot with the dipping sauce alongside.