- 4 cups loosely packed baby arugula or rocket or chopped large arugula leaves
- 1 small, ripe honeydew melon
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Honey or agave syrup, for drizzling
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for liberal drizzling
- 1/4 pound speck or prosciutto, thinly sliced (optional)
Arrange the greens on a platter.
Cut the ends off the melon and stand upright. Trim away the rind, in strips, from top to bottom as you rotate the melon. Halve and seed the melon and slice it into 1-inch wedges, then cut into bite-size pieces and arrange them over the bed of spicy greens. Sprinkle with mint and lime juice and season with lots of pepper, to taste. Drizzle very lightly with a hint of honey or agave syrup and dress with a liberal drizzle of EVOO .
If you would like to add speck or prosciutto, tear it into large pieces and pile it in the center of the salad in a casual mound.
Serve as a first or last course.