- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons high-temperature cooking oil, such as canola, sunflower or peanut oil
- 3/4 pound flank steak, patted dry and thinly sliced on an angle
- Coarse black pepper
- 1 bunch scallions, cleaned and trimmed of root ends and rough tops, sliced on an angle
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, defrosted
- 1 2-inch piece of fresh ginger root, peeled and grated or finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, grated or chopped
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt the water and cook the pasta to al dente. Drain the pasta.
Heat the oil in a skillet or wok over high heat. Add the meat and stir fry for a couple of minutes. Add a liberal amount of coarse black pepper, the scallions, edamame, ginger and garlic, then stir fry for 2 minutes more and stir in the sauce. Toss the stir fry with the noodles and serve.