- 1/2 cup yellow or dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- About 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup slivered, sliced or blanched whole almonds
- 1 cup panko or plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Salted red radishes, celery sticks and pickle spears, for serving
Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 275°. Place a baking sheet in the oven.
In a bowl, combine the mustard, honey, chives and hot sauce. Separate out half of the sauce and reserve.
Beat the eggs into the remaining sauce. Coat the chicken tenders with the egg sauce and season with salt and pepper.
Using a food processor, grind the nuts. Combine with the panko and sesame seeds.
In a large skillet, heat a layer of oil over medium-high heat. Coat the tenders in the nut-breadcrumb mixture and fry, turning, in 2 batches until deep golden. Transfer to the hot baking sheet in the oven.
Serve the tenders with a drizzle of the remaining honey-mustard sauce, or divide the sauce into small bowls for dipping. Serve with the radishes, celery sticks and pickle spears.