- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- 6 slices smoky bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Coarse black pepper
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing cubes, such as Pepperidge Farm, processed into breadcrumbs
- 1 cup chicken stock, divided
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark amber maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup organic ketchup
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey or ground turkey breast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning, (half a palmful)
- A small handful parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons chives, minced
Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with a drizzle of EVOO. Add bacon and lightly brown. Add onions and garlic, and season with coarse black pepper. Cook until very tender.
Remove half the bacon and onions to a mixing bowl, add seasoned breadcrumbs and moisten them with about 1/2 cup of chicken stock, stir to combine.
To the remaining onions in pan add vinegar, syrup, sugar, Worcestershire, ketchup and remaining 1/2 cup stock. Stir to combine and reduce heat to low to let thicken. Once it’s thick enough to coat a spoon, turn off heat and keep warm.
Combine turkey with breadcrumbs, bacon, onions, salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, parsley and egg. Form 4 individual oval-shaped meat loaves. Arrange on a baking sheet and coat with EVOO. Roast until cooked through, about 20-25 minutes. Coat the loaves in or top the loaves with BBQ gravy.
While the meatloaves finish roasting in the oven, bring a couple of inches of water to a boil for the beans. Salt water and cook beans 5 minutes to tender-crisp. Drain beans, melt butter in the pan and add the chives. Toss the beans in the pan to coat them in chive-butter. Serve the beans alongside the meatloaves.