- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 pounds small Yukon Gold potatoes, halved and quartered
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 small onion, peeled
- 1 small red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika (1/3 palmful)
- A small handful of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 rounded tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
In a medium size pot, add the eggs and cover with water. Bring to a full boil over medium heat, then cover the pot and turn off the heat. Let the eggs stand for 10 minutes. Rinse under cold water, then roll and crack the shells. Put the eggs into cold water for a few minutes to loosen the shells. Peel and chop the eggs and put them into a small bowl.
Add the potatoes to a large pot and cover with water. Bring the potatoes to a boil over medium heat and salt the water. Cook until tender, about 12-15 minutes.
Warm the chicken stock in small pot over low heat while the potatoes cook.
Drain the potatoes, then put them into a serving bowl and douse them with stock while very hot. Grate the onion over the potatoes. Stir in the chili pepper, celery, paprika, parsley and salt and pepper, to taste.
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and oil.
Add the eggs to the potato salad and pour in the dressing. Toss to combine and serve.