- 2 pounds baby Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 Gala, Honeycrisp or Golden Delicious apple, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 Bosc pear, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 pound ripe Camembert cheese, diced into bite-size pieces
- 1/4-1/3 cup milk, half-and-half or cream
- 10-12 chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, leaves stripped and finely chopped
Halve the small and quarter the larger potatoes into bite-size pieces and cover with water in a large pot. Bring the water to a boil and season with salt. Cook for 12-15 minutes, until the potatoes are fork-tender.
Heat the EVOO in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and cook until golden and firm, about 12 minutes, turning once. Place the chicken on a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the apples and pears and season with salt and the nutmeg. Stir in the lemon juice and cook for 5 minutes, or until tender-crisp, then stir in the honey and cook for minute more.
Drain the potatoes and return them to the hot pot. Mash them with the cheese and milk or half-and half and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Divide the potatoes among four plates. Slice the chicken breasts on an angle. Arrange the sliced chicken alongside the potatoes and top with the apples and pears. Combine the chives with the thyme and lemon zest and scatter over each plate.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.