- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 stick Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening or 1 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Beat brown sugar, shortening and vanilla in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs; beat well.
Combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Add to shortening mixture; beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and chill 3 hours.
Heat oven to 375ºF. Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar, then in powdered sugar to coat completely. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8-10 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet. Remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely.