- 2 teaspoons Folgers® Classic Instant Coffee Crystals
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Butter Shortening Sticks
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate decorator bits
Dissolve instant coffee in hot water. Beat shortening, brown sugar, egg, vanilla and coffee mixture in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
Divide dough into two equal parts. Shape each half into a roll 7-inches long x 1 1/2-inches in diameter. Roll in chocolate decorator bits, pressing lightly. Wrap tightly. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Heat oven to 375ºF. Cut rolls into 1/4-inch slices. Place slices 1-inch apart on ungreased baking sheet.
Bake 6-8 minutes or until set. Cool on rack.