- 1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) butter, melted, plus more for preparing pans
- 2 1/2 cups flour, plus more for preparing pans
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 can canned pumpkin (15 ounces) or 2 cups fresh, pureed pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- Sugar glaze (optional – see below)
Pre-heat the oven to 375°F. Butter and flour two 8 1/2-inch x 4 1/2-inch loaf pans (or spray with Baker’s Joy).
In a medium size bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, ginger and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together both the sugars, pumpkin, melted butter and eggs. Add the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
Divide the batter evenly between the loaf pans. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaves comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes, then invert the loaves onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
Once cool, glaze if desired. Combine 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar with 2-3 tablespoons water in a liquid measuring cup. Stir until the glaze is smooth and thick, with no lumps. Drizzle over the loaves and let set for 15 minutes prior to serving.