- 6 slices bacon, chopped (1 slice per muffin)
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 apple, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1 cup)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 box corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
Sauté the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the celery, apple and onion and season with salt and pepper. Let cool.
Make the corn muffins from the mix, according to the package directions. Add the poultry seasoning, nutmeg and parsley. Fold in the bacon, celery, apple and onion mixture.
Grease a 6-cup muffin tin with softened butter and bake 15 minutes, until golden and cooked through.