- 1 can chickpeas (15 ounces), rinsed and patted dry
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or sliced almonds
- 1 cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (1/3 palmful)
- Juice of 1 1/2 lemons, divided
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 1 box couscous (10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chives, finely chopped
- Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, packed
- Salt and pepper
- 4 flatbreads or pitas, warmed
Pre-heat the oven to 425°F. On a baking sheet, spread the chickpeas and pine nuts in a single layer; roast until the nuts are golden and the chickpeas are warmed, 7-8 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, garlic and cumin. Stir in one-third of the lemon juice.
In a small saucepan, bring the vegetable broth and 1 tablespoon EVOO to a boil. Turn off the heat and stir in the couscous, dill and chives. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
In a serving bowl, combine the chickpeas, pine nuts, cauliflower and parsley and dress with the remaining lemon juice and 2 tablespoons EVOO; season with salt and pepper.
Fluff the couscous with a fork. Spoon onto four plates and top with the salad. Serve with the garlic yogurt and bread.