- 2 cans Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup, Regular, 98% Fat Free or Healthy Request® (10 3/4 ounces each)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 cups cut green beans, cooked
- 2 2/3 cups French's® French Fried Onions, divided
- Easy Substitution: Use 2 bags frozen green beans (16-20 ounces each), thawed, 4 packages frozen green beans (9 ounces each) , thawed, 4 cans green beans (about 16 ounces each), drained or about 3 pounds fresh green beans for this recipe.
- Flavor Variation: To add crunch, add 1/2 cup sliced almonds to the onion topping.
- Flavor Variation: For bacon lovers, add 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, to the bean mixture.
- Flavor Variation: To add a festive touch, add 1/2 cup chopped red pepper with the soup.
- Flavor Variation: For cheese lovers, stir in 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese with the soup. Omit the soy sauce. Sprinkle with an additional 1/2 cup cheddar cheese when adding the remaining onions.
- Flavor Variation: For Golden Green Bean Casserole, substitute Campbell's® Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup for the Cream of Mushroom Soup. Omit the soy sauce. Stir in 1/2 cup chopped red pepper with the green beans.
Stir the soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, beans and 1 1/3 cups onions in a 3 quart casserole.
Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes, or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the bean mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining onions.
Bake for 5 minutes, or until the onions are golden brown.