- 1 box egg fettuccini pasta (12 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon grated or ground nutmeg (eyeball it)
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 12 extra-large eggs, beaten
Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it. Add pasta and cook six minutes – to a chewy al dente. Pasta will continue to cook in frittata. Drain and reserve.
Heat a large nonstick skillet with an ovensafe handle over medium-high heat. If all of your skillets have rubber handles, cover handle tightly in foil to protect it. Add EVOO and butter and melt together. Add cream and reduce for about three minutes. Add cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Toss sauce with cooked pasta to coat.
Add parsley and beaten eggs to the skillet and stir gently to combine. Allow the eggs to set up on the bottom of the pan and become firm. Transfer pan to hot oven and bake 10 minutes, until golden. Serve from the pan or transfer to a platter. Serve hot or cold, cutting frittata into wedges.