- Juice of 2 limes
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- 2 shots tequila
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pasted
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin (half a palmful)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander (half a palmful)
- About 1/3 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken breast cutlets or boneless, skinless thighs
- A generous handful of cilantro, chopped (optional)
Whisk the lime and orange juice with the tequila, garlic, jalapeño, cumin, coriander and oil in a large dish. Add the chicken to the marinade; cover and chill for 1-3 hours.
Heat an indoor or outdoor grill or griddle pan to medium-high. Shake off the excess marinade and grill the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side for cutlets, 5 minutes on each side for thighs.
Slice the chicken and garnish with chopped cilantro, if using. Serve on top of tostadas topped with spicy refried beans. Top the chicken with vegetable garnishes of your choice and serve.