- 2 bundles broccolini
- 1/2 pound cavatappi pasta (twists), cooked to al dente
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/3-1/2 pound wedge ricotta salata cheese
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme leaves (about 2 tablespoons), stripped from stems
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved
Trim and discard the bottom half-inch from the broccolini, then cut the broccolini into 1-inch pieces. Steam broccolini covered in a small skillet in a half-inch of boiling water for 3 minutes, then cold shock with icy cold water and drain. Combine broccolini and pasta in a bowl.
Return pan to stove over low heat and sauté shallots and garlic in EVOO, a couple of glugs, for 2 minutes. Pour warm EVOO over pasta and broccolini. Crumble ricotta salata over pasta. Sprinkle the pasta with thyme, salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Adjust seasonings and garnish salad with grape tomatoes.