- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 2 cups vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 large clove garlic, grated or pasted
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup basil
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 small bunch tarragon, leaves stripped
Put the rice, stock and water in a pot; bring to a boil, cover and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for 18 minutes. Put the peas in a bowl to defrost while the rice cooks.
Whisk together the lemon juice, garlic and EVOO; add to a blender with the basil, parsley and tarragon and puree.
Fluff the rice with a fork and add to the bowl with the peas. Pour the dressing over the top and toss to combine; serve or chill.