- 1/2 pound Spanish chorizo, casing removed and coarsely chopped
- 1 3/4 pounds ground pork or beef
- About 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon smoked sweet paprika (a scant palmful)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- 1/2 pound Manchego cheese, shredded
- 2 avocados
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 large clove garlic, pasted or grated
- A small handful of fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- About 1/4-1/3 cup light cream
- 12 slider rolls or split brioche rolls
- Small Bibb lettuce leaves, for topping
- Sliced plum tomatoes, for topping
- Sliced small red onion, for topping
Heat a cast iron skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
Grind the chorizo in a food processor into very small crumbles. Place the ground chorizo and ground pork in a bowl and season with the Worcestershire sauce, smoked sweet paprika, salt and pepper. Add a drizzle of EVOO to the meat mixture and combine. Form twelve patties that are thinner at the center than the edges for even cooking.
Cook the sliders for 3 minutes per side. Pile the shredded cheese onto the burgers for the last minute of cook time to melt.
Meanwhile, place the avocados in a food processor. Add the lemon juice, garlic, cilantro, if desired, and cream and process until very smooth and mayo-like in consistency.
Serve the sliders on rolls topped with lettuce, tomatoes, onions and avocado cream sauce.