- 6 medium Idaho potatoes or other starchy potatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
Optional flavoring combinations (Rach's fave is garlic and rosemary):
- Minced garlic and lots of minced fresh rosemary or;
- Old Bay or Cajun Seasoning or;
- Chipotle chili powder or;
- Minced garlic, Parm cheese and oregano
Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
Arrange cooling racks or wire racks over two baking sheets.
Peel the potatoes lengthwise, leaving a patch of the skin on each end of the potatoes. Cut each potato into very thin fries lengthwise no more than a quarter-inch thick – the thinner they are, the crispier the end product will be.
In a large bowl, dress the fries very lightly with EVOO – a couple of turns of the bowl ought to do the trick. Season with salt and pepper and arrange the fries in single layer without crowding either baking sheet.
Place the fries in the oven and roast for 30 minutes. Remove the fries and increase the heat to 425°F. Toss the fries in a large bowl again with seasonings, garlic and herbs of choice. Return the fries to the oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes until very crisp and brown.