- Salt and pepper
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- About 1 tablespoon thyme, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 bundle thin asparagus
- 4 organic seedless oranges, peeled and sliced into discs with a serrated knife
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
Bring 2 inches of water to a low, rolling boil; salt the water.
Meanwhile, add the chopped shallot to a small pot with salt, pepper, sugar, thyme, vinegar and the lemon juice. Heat just to melt the sugar and infuse the vinegar; add to a small bowl and whisk in the EVOO.
Cook the asparagus in boiling water for 2-3 minutes; drain.
Arrange the oranges on plate with the parsley. Chop the asparagus into 2-inch pieces and scatter over the oranges. Dress the salad and serve.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.