- 1 box organic frozen chopped spinach (10 ounces)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can artichokes hearts in water (14 ounces), drained, quartered
- 1 can line-caught tuna (5 ounces), drained and flaked
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
Defrost the spinach in the microwave, wring it dry and separate the leaves.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the tortellini and cook according to the package directions. Drain and let cool.
In a large skillet, heat the EVOO, two turns of the pan, and butter over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the artichokes and spinach; season with a little salt and pepper and a hint of freshly grated nutmeg.
Add the tuna and pasta to a bowl. Top with the spinach and artichokes. Dress with the lemon juice and thyme. Serve or refrigerate for later.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.