- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley (a couple of handfuls), chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- Coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 tin anchovy fillets (2 ounces)
- 6-8 large cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley (a couple of handfuls), finely chopped
- Coarse salt
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked to al dente
- Crusty bread, as an accompaniment
Combine all of the spicy shrimp ingredients and toss to coat shrimp evenly.
Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, then add half of the shrimp. Cook shrimp 3 minutes until pink and just firm. Remove shrimp to a warm platter and repeat process with remaining shrimp.
Return pan to stove and reduce heat to medium-low. Add 1/4 cup EVOO, about four turns around the pan, in a light stream. Add anchovies, garlic and pepper flakes to EVOO. Break up anchovies with a wooden spoon until they melt away into the EVOO and garlic mixture.
Toss the spaghetti in the pan with parsley and the garlic oil. Next season with a little coarse salt, to your taste. Top each spaghetti serving with spicy shrimp and serve with crusty bread to soak up the garlic oil.