- 5 medium plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise, gently seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 small white onion, peeled, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley (a couple of handfuls), chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- Crusty bread, as an accompaniment
Toss the tomatoes and onions with the chopped parsley, EVOO, salt and pepper. Let stand while you prepare dinner, about 20 minutes. Toss salad again and serve with crusty bread for mopping up juices and EVOO.