- 2 pounds medium white or yellow potatoes, cut into 1-inch-thick wedges
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- Grated Pecorino Romano or Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, for serving
Put the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, salt the water and cook for 5 minutes. Drain.
Heat the EVOO in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden, about 2 minutes. Remove to a cutting board with a slotted spoon, then chop and reserve.
Add the potatoes and rosemary to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook until browned and crisp, 5-10 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with the garlic and cheese.