For the cookies:
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening or 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
For the frosting:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening or 1/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup warm milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
Heat the oven to 375ºF.
Coat a baking sheet lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Combine the flour, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl. Add the shortening. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until the shortening is completely blended into the flour mixture. Add the milk, egg and lemon extract, mixing just until blended.
Roll the dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on the baking sheet on a wire rack.
For the frosting, beat the powdered sugar, shortening, 2 tablespoons warm milk and lemon extract in a medium size bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until blended. Beat in the additional warm milk, a little at a time, until desired consistency. Spread on top of the cookies.