- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 4 thin bone-in pork loin chops, pounded to 1/2-inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- Flour, for dredging
- 2 large, organic eggs
- 4 round tablespoons Dijon mustard (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic (1/3 palmful)
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion (1/3 palmful)
- 1 teaspoon paprika (1/3 palmful)
- Olive oil, for shallow frying
- Giardiniera (hot pickled vegetables), for serving
Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
Season the chicken or chops with salt and pepper. Arrange three shallow dishes with flour, eggs beaten with the mustard and hot sauce and the breadcrumbs seasoned with garlic, onion and paprika. Bread the chicken or pork chops in the flour, the eggs and then the breadcrumbs.
Heat a thin layer of oil, 3-4 tablespoons, in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Brown the chicken or pork chops for about 5 minutes, turning once, then transfer to the oven and cook though, about 10 minutes more. Serve with giardiniera alongside.