- 1 dozen large organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons onion, grated
- 1 clove garlic, pasted or grated
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- About 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard, yellow or Dijon
- 2 teaspoons-1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3-4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Thinly sliced red chili pepper, such as small Fresno chili peppers, for garnish
Place the eggs in a pot, cover with water and bring to full boil. Turn off the heat, cover the pot and let stand for 10 minutes.
Drain, then crack the eggs by shaking the pot and running them under cold water until cool enough to handle.
Peel the eggs and halve them lengthwise or trim the tops and remove the yolks to present the eggs upright. You should have 12 upright eggs, or 24 halved eggs.
To the hard boiled egg yolks, add the grated onion, grating directly over the bowl to catch the onion juice, and the garlic, relish, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, hot sauce, salt, pepper and paprika. Add the mayo a few tablespoons to start – mash to very smooth, adding a bit more if too dry.
Cut a corner off a ziplock bag and fill with the deviled filling. Pipe the filling into the egg whites and garnish with a bulls-eye of thinly sliced red chili pepper