- 1 can lump crabmeat (16 ounces)
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons celery leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, diced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 8 New England-style hot dog rolls
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter (1/4 stick), at room temperature
Combine the first eleven ingredients in a medium size bowl. Gently combine the crab mixture with a rubber spatula or the back of a large spoon. Avoid breaking up the crabmeat.
Heat a grill or grill pan.
Using a serrated bread knife, carefully slice the outer edge of the side of the bun. Spread butter on both sides of the rolls and grill on low or medium heat. Be careful not to burn the rolls.
Place lettuce leaves inside the buttered rolls and add about 2-3 generous spoonfuls of crabmeat mixture per roll.
Cook's Note: If New England hot dog rolls are not available, use regular hot dog buns.