- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 3/4 cups oats (quick or old fashioned), uncooked
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour, divided
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening or 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 ounce package)
- 1 cup Smucker's® Caramel Sundae Syrups Ice Cream Topping
HEAT the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch x 13-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray.
COMBINE the oats, 1 1⁄2 cups flour, brown sugar, shortening, water, baking soda and salt in large bowl; stir with spoon until well blended. Reserve 1 cup. Press remaining into bottom of prepared pan.
BAKE for 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Remove pan to cooling rack. Cool 10 minutes.
SPRINKLE with nuts and chocolate chips.
COMBINE the caramel topping and remaining 1⁄4 cup flour. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over the chocolate chips to within 1⁄4 inch of the pan edges. Sprinkle with the reserved oat mixture.
RETURN to oven. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until golden brown. Loosen from the sides of the pan with a knife. Remove the pan to a cooling rack to cool. Cool completely.
CUT into bars about 2 inches x 1 1⁄2 inches.