- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening or 2/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 tablespoon. water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups mint chocolate chips (12 ounce package)
HEAT the oven to 375°F.
COMBINE the brown sugar, shortening, water and the vanilla and peppermint extracts in large bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended. Add the eggs; mix well.
COMBINE the flour, salt, cocoa and baking soda in medium size bowl; add to the shortening mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in the mint chocolate chips.
DROP the dough by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 7-9 minutes, or until cookies are set. Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheets; transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
Is your cocoa powder still good? Unsweetened cocoa powder can be stored in a tightly closed container in a cool, dark place for up to two years.