- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- Ground nutmeg
- 1 can tomato puree (28 ounces)
- 12 no-boil lasagna sheets
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 bag shredded mozzarella cheese (18 ounces)
- 1 container ricotta cheese (15 ounces)
- 2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Pre-heat the oven to 375°F. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in the flour until smooth. Slowly add the milk and cook, whisking continuously, until thickened, about 8 minutes. Season the cream sauce with salt and nutmeg.
Coat the bottom of a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish with 1 cup tomato puree and cover with four lasagna sheets. Layer the lasagna as follows: tomato puree, basil, zucchini, mozzarella, ricotta, cream sauce, Parmesan and lasagna sheets. Repeat the layering, gently pressing down each layer. Finish with a layer each of tomato puree, basil, zucchini and cream sauce. Top with the Parmesan. Bake until golden and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Let sit for about 5 minutes before cutting into squares.