- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups flour (or you can use half whole wheat, half regular)
- 1 cup oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt or Greek-style yogurt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2-3 bananas)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
Pre-heat the oven to 350°F and line 18 muffin cups with paper liners. Spray the liners with cooking spray.
Combine the flour(s) and the oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Make a well in the center of the mixture. In a separate bowl, combine the yogurt, banana and egg; add to the flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Fold in the raisins, nuts and cranberries.
Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the muffins spring back when touched lightly in the center. Remove the muffins from the pans immediately; cool on a wire rack.
These muffins freeze well in a resealable plastic freezer bag for up to one month.