- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon shallot, finely minced
- 1/2 clove garlic, grated on a microplane
- 1 teaspoon capers, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon cornichon, finely minced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 ounces high-quality canned tuna in olive oil, finely minced
- A sprinkle of pimentón (Spanish paprika)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
Bring 8 cups of water to a boil. Lower in the eggs; reduce the heat and simmer for 7 minutes.
Remove the eggs from the heat, run them under cold water and carefully peel them. Cut the eggs in half with a sharp knife. Remove the yolks and set them aside in a small mixing bowl.
With a fork, incorporate all the remaining ingredients, except the pimentón and lemon zest, with the egg yolks. Spoon the yolk mixture back into the egg halves, then finish with a sprinkle of pimentón and a smattering of the lemon zest.