- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, such as small, baby Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 pound dried chorizo, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large cast iron pan. Add the sprouts and cook until gently browned, about 3 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally to brown on all sides. Add the chorizo and cook for about 2 minutes; the sprouts will start to take on a nice, rosy color from the sausage. Add the lemon juice, chicken stock and salt and pepper, to taste, and simmer for about 5 minutes, or until the liquid is reduced and the sprouts are tender.
Finish with a sprinkling of chopped parsley and serve.