- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- Nonstick cooking spray
For the cream cheese icing drizzle:
- 4 ounces cream cheese (one small block), softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup milk, warmed
For the red berry salad:
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Pre-heat a waffle iron to medium-high heat.
Prepare the cake mix, according to the package directions. Once the waffle iron is hot, spray with cooking spray. Pour 2 cups (about half) of the cake batter into the waffle iron. Cook for 5 minutes, then carefully remove from the waffle iron.
For the cream cheese drizzle, add the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and salt into a bowl. Slowly whisk in the milk. Set aside.
Mix together all the ingredients for the red berry salad in a small bowl.
Top each waffle with a heaping spoonful of red berry salad and a drizzle of cream cheese.