- 2 cans chickpeas (15 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (2 handfuls)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, coarsely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/4-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
Pulse all the ingredients in a food processor until a smooth paste forms; transfer to a bowl. Serve with your favorite dippers, such as grilled pizza dough, pita chips, cucumbers, carrots, red peppers or tortilla chips.
To turn into a creamier hummus, add 1/4 cup tahini paste.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, visit