- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 small red sweet bell pepper or green cubanelle pepper, seeded, quartered and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 small finger peppers, Fresno chili peppers or banana hot peppers, sliced into thin rings
- 2 cups blanched cauliflower florets
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2-3 ribs celery with leafy tops, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 cup Sicilian green olives, pitted and chopped
Place the salt in a bowl, add the veggies and cover with cold water. Stir to combine. Cover and store for 2 days to brine.
Whisk up a dressing of garlic, oregano, celery seed, vinegar and EVOO. Drain the salad and toss with the dressing and olives.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, visit