- 1/2 (English) seedless cucumber
- 2 vine-ripe tomatoes, seeded
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded
- 1/2 red onion, peeled
- 4 ribs celery from the heart, including leafy tops
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped or flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 lime or 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1-2 teaspoons hot sauce, for mild to medium-hot heat level, such as Tabasco brand
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cut cucumber, tomatoes, pepper, onion and celery into bite-size chunks and combine vegetables in a bowl. Sprinkle cilantro or parsley over the vegetables.
Combine vinegar, lime or lemon juice and hot sauce in a small bowl. Whisk in EVOO in a slow stream. Pour dressing down over the salad and toss. Season salad with salt and pepper and serve.